General Information on Sporanox solution
Sporanox solution or Sporanox is an azole antifungal. It is used to treat fungal infections since it interferes with the formation of the cell membrane of the fungi, which eventually kills them. The generic name of this drug is Itraconazole. This drug is available as Sporanox solution containing 10 mg itraconazole per ml.
You can only buy Sporanox solution as per a doctor’s prescription.
Side effects of Sporanox solution
You should not buy Sporanox solution online if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in this drug
- You are taking an aldosterone blocker such as alprazolam, levacetylmethadol, oral midazolam, or a quinazoline
Before you buy Sporanox solution, inform your doctor if you have any of the following:
- Irregular heartbeat or other heart problems such as congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, heart valve problems
- Been taking any nonprescription, herbal preparation or dietary supplement
- Allergy to other azole antifungals such as ketoconazole
- Allergy to foods, medicines or other substances
Some of the common side effects of this drug are:
- Runny nose
- Stomach pain
- Unpleasant taste
You should consult your doctor immediately if your experience any of the following side effects:
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe or persistent nausea
- Coughing up white or pink mucus
- Decreased sexual ability
- Sudden weight gain
- Vision problem
- Decreased heart function
- Congestive heart failure such as swelling of the hands, feet, ankles or abdomen
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
Pregnant women should take Sporanox solution only with doctor’s prescription. This medication is excreted into human milk. So, nursing mothers should avoid this medicine since it may harm a nursing baby.
Dosage of Sporanox solution
A patient should take Sporanox solution on any empty stomach at least I hour before or 2 hours after eating. If a patient is using this solution to treat a mouth or throat infection, he or she has to swish Sporanox solution in his or her mouth for several seconds before swallowing.
A patient should take full course of treatment to clear up an infection completely. Sporanox solution works best if a patient takes it at the same time each day.
If patient misses a dose of Sporanox Solution, he or she should take it as soon as possible. You can continue with your regular schedule if it is already time for your next dose of this medicine. A patient should not take two doses at once. In case of overdose, immediately contact medical emergency.
A total of 424 drugs can interact with Sporanox solution out of which 9 have major, 275 moderate and 51 minor drug interactions. Moreover, there are 3 disease interactions with this medication which includes CHF, hepatotoxicity and achlorhydria. Many prescription and nonprescription drugs have interaction with this drug. Use of Sporanox solution with certain other medicine such as cisapride, pimozide, quinidine and dofetilide should be totally avoided since it may lead to risk of serious and sometimes fatal heart problems.