General Information on Surgiderm
There are different versions of Surgiderm used for different purposes:
- Surgiderm 18 is used for treating fine lines like laughter lines around eyes and peri-oral lines or smoker lines above lips.
- Surgiderm 24 XP is used for treating wrinkles and medium to deep lines. It is also used for enhancing vermilion border on lips.
- Surgiderm 30 is used for treating wrinkles, deep lines and deep skin depressions.
- Surgiderm 30 XP is used for enhanceing volume, treating medium to deep skin depressions and enhancing border of lips.
- Surgilips is used for filling smoker lines, increasing volume of lips and for redefining contour of the lips.
- Surgilift Plus is used for hydrating skin, improving elasticity and toning areas of face, décolletage, hands and neck.
The medicine is given to the patient in the form of an injection. Its generic name is Non-animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid.
The duration of effects depends on the degree of required correction, your lifestyle and age. On an average, the effects last for 9 to 12 months. But this time period can vary, based on the area and condition to be treated.
Side effects of Surgiderm
Swelling, discomfort, transient erythema or redness can commonly occur at the site of implantation. These side effects subside within a couple of days. But you should notify your doctor or surgeon if any of these persist or worsen.
In some cases, tenderness, redness and acneform papules may also take place after receiving the injection. Some patients may also develop granuloma, urticaria and superficial necrosis. Inform your doctor at once if you develop any of these side effects.
Your doctor will not recommend you to buy Surgiderm if you have allergy to Hyaluronic Acid, or if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Some patients may develop an allergic reaction to the medicine. Symptoms of an allergy include hives on any part of body or on whole body, breathing problems and swollen face or throata. Seek medical attention immediately if you develop any of these symptoms.
Dosage of Surgiderm
The dosage of Surgiderm given to you depends on your age, type of condition to be treated, area to be treated and size of the area to be treated.
Usually, you will receive one Surgiderm injection in your doctor’s clinic. Its effects last for 9 to 12 months. You can receive another Surgiderm injection after this period, if you want to continue enjoying its effects. But this time, the duration of effects may decrease, as your body must have developed antibodies to resist the medicine.
Before you buy Surgiderm injection, you must inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking at present, including prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal preparations and diet supplements. Based on this, your doctor will be able to decide whether this is right medicine for you or not, and what dosage will be appropriate for you.